Missouri S&T's department of teacher education will host a workshop this summer for high schools teachers looking to integrate geoscience activities into the classroom.
Workshop attendees will...
- Learn geoscience concepts form Missouri S&T faculty who will demonstrate activities and equipment in a small hands-on environment
- Receive the curriculum and supplies needed to teach the activities at the end of the workshop, free of charge.
- Be able to use the equipment to practice the activities in your classroom
Participants will be eligible to receive a $1000 stipend to compensate for their time upon completing the following requirements:
- Attend a one-day training workshop
- Coordinate and supervise a field trip and other programs with their won students during the academic year.
- Develop assessment activities in consultation with Missouri S&T faculty.
- Conduct surveys and assessments with your students during the academic year and share the data with Missouri S&T for research purposes.
- Friday, June 16, 10 a.m.- 4 p.m., Lane Spring Park, Rolla, MO
- Thursday, June 29, 10 a.m.- 4 p.m., Kansas City area (exact location to be determined)
- Saturday, July, 22, 10 a.m.- 4 p.m., St. Louis area (exact location to be determined)