At the heart of UM System engagement is the relationship and connectivity between citizens and higher education. This is based on a university presence with people in communities that is relevant, timely, and grounded.
UM System Extension and Engagement Week is an opportunity to celebrate all that we’ve accomplished together and to reflect on our collective work for the future. We’re exploring big questions about the role of the engaged university in our state, society, and beyond. This year, join us as we talk about all things health and wellness – including the new NextGen Precision Health initiative. A detailed agenda and registration information will be available soon.
The scheduled events span the UM System’s impact across Missouri, and UMKC’s role in that work is highlighted throughout the week. We’ve highlighted a few signature events, many of which feature our talented UMKC faculty, staff, and students that may be of interest to you:
- The Opioid Epidemic: A Statewide Response- Session 1
- The Opioid Epidemic: A StateWide Response- Session 2
- Health Strategies for Rural Missouri
- Keynote Session with Dwayne Proctor, Ph.D
- Health Equity: Opportunity for All
- Keynote Session with Bethany Johnson-Javois
- Front-line Healthcare: Supporting Nurses
- UM System Weekend of Service
Check back soon for additional information and registration details.