The University of Missouri System is proud of the excellent teaching, breakthrough research and creative achievements and meaningful engagement of our faculty. The Presidential Engagement Fellows program was established to share these accomplishments with the citizens of Missouri in their own communities. This effort allows our faculty to make personal connections and deliver on our important mission to disseminate and apply knowledge for the benefit of all Missourians. As a Presidential Engagement Fellow, select faculty members represent the UM System and share their research discoveries and expert knowledge with Missouri citizens in every county.
The 2021-2022 class of Presidential Engagement Fellows have been selected based on their demonstrated excellence and their ability to communicate their research to the public. The 2021-22 UMKC Presidential Engagement Fellows are:
- Hadara Bar-Nadav, Professor, English
- Amanda Grimes, Assistant Professor, Health Sciences
- Yotam Haber, Associate Professor, Music Composition, UMKC Conservatory
Members of the Presidential Engagement Fellows Program are available for speaking engagements.
As you complete your request for a speaker from the Presidential Engagement Fellows program, please keep the following in mind:
- There is no cost to your group to host a speaker; their participation is covered as part of the Presidential Engagement Fellows program.
- Speakers are booked on a first-come, first-served basis, with preference to groups of 25 or more. We encourage groups to come together in requesting speakers.
- Speakers are scheduled according to availability; some speakers may be unavailable for an event.
- Plan ahead to allow sufficient time for the University to make necessary travel arrangements with the speaker and prepare travel logistics.
- Consider your audience and provide the necessary information with your request so speakers can tailor their remarks to fit your group.
- Consult the speaker information above for supporting materials.