The E. Desmond Lee Fine Arts Education Collaborative seeks to develop and expand a national model for collaborative efforts that serve the advancement of fine arts education through broad, collective impact structures.
- To provide educational fine arts programs, concerts, clinics, masterclasses and other educational experiences for participating schools
- To increase and enhance arts education programming for an ethnically and culturally diverse population where a majority of students qualify for free or reduced-cost meals.
- To provide support and encouragement for music educators and other fine arts educators in all stages of career development through professional development, facilitated mentoring support, and online resources
- To encourage community dialogue and understanding through participation in fine arts events and programs.
Core Values and Assessments
- Excellent Curriculum and Instruction is supported
- Quality, Authentic Artistic Expression is valued
- Underserved and Diverse Populations are Served
- Integrated and Collaborative Systems are Encouraged
- Potential for Community Building and Dialogue is Prized