Nurses have always played a critical role in patient care but have recently been elevated to a new level during 2020-21. Join us for this discussion to honor and celebrate nurses for their exceptional service and compassion during the pandemic. We'll explore:
- what we've learned about resilience through COVID-19;
- the role of nurses in community health;
- the role of rural nurses;
- nurse practitioners as primary care providers;
- the future of nursing.
This session is hosted by Dr Shirley Farrah, Assistant Dean of Nursing Outreach for the University of Missouri Sinclair School of Nursing.
Representing nurses across the state will be:
- Sarah Thompson, Dean, University of Missouri Sinclair School of Nursing
- Joy Roberts, Interim Dean, UMKC School of Nursing and Health Studies
- Roxanne “Annie” Vandermause, Dean, UMSL College of Nursing
- Lynelle Phillips, Assistant Teaching Professor, University of Missouri Sinclair School of Nursing