This week-long celebration — with events from all four UM System campuses — showcases the impact University engagement and extension programming have on addressing our state's grand challenges in economic opportunity, educational excellence and access, and health and well-being.
This year, UM System's Extension and Engagement Week takes a closer look at Missouri's health and well-being. Join this guided panel discussion as we examine where things stand for rural health in Missouri. We'll discuss health disparities and access to affordable quality care and explore solutions to address the unique health needs of rural citizens.
This session is hosted by Garrett Hawkins, President of the Missouri Farm Bureau, and is moderated by Brock Slaback, Chief Operating Officer with the National Rural Health Association. Panelists include:
- Vijay Chauhan, GlobalSTL Lead, BioSTL
- Kathleen Quinn, Program Director, University of Missouri School of Medicine, Rural Health Office
- Dr. Steven Waldman, Campus Dean, UMKC School of Medicine, St. Joseph Campus
- Kristen Kleffner, Associate Dean UMKC School of Medicine, St. Joseph Campus
- Dana Dahl, Vice President of Membership Services and Rural Initiatives at the Missouri Hospital Association