The Robert W. Plaster Free Enterprise Center is the newest addition to the UMKC School of Computing and Engineering and features: $3 million in new augmented and virtual reality equipment, an industrial and research-grade 3D printing lab, and a fully equipped fabrication shop.
The Plaster Center's Innovation Studio is available for community use and provides access to new technologies for rapid prototyping. Users will be able to create and manipulate 3D models using augmented or virtual reality tools, print those models in the 3D printing lab, and build working prototypes in a fully equipped fabrication shop.
Together, we can take your idea from its earliest stages to production! Services Available to the community include:
AUGMENTED AND VIRTUAL REALITY
- Experience the newest augmented and virtual reality tech in our AVR Showroom.
- Learn 3D design and development software in the AVR Training Lab.
- Design and test applications for any industry.
3D PRINTING LAB
- Prototype your own custom modeled parts.
- Print realistic, production-quality models.
- Utilize full-color and texture capabilities.
- Experiment with metal, polymer, elastomer, and thermoplastic printers.
- Build prototypes, class work, and entrepreneurial projects.
- Access tools — big and small — all in one place.
- Shop includes CNC machines, mills, routers, lathes, and more.
- Metalwork and Welding
- 3D Modeling and Printing
- Laser Engraving and Cutting
- CNC Machining
- Augmented and Virtual Reality Creation Software
- Augmented and Virtual Reality Visualization Technology
Students, companies, and the public are invited to learn more about the Innovation Studio during one of our open houses.