Led by the UMKC Innovation Center, a grant created the W2B program as a partnership between four regional schools, and it has since expanded to include numerous academic and research institutions in the area.
W2B includes research partners that provide new technologies, a technology transfer office that collects technologies from research partners and helps with assessment and IP issues, entrepreneurs with a depth of expertise and experience in different technical domains that utilize a variety of business models, W2B staff members that serve as "match-makers", and service providers such as the SBTDC and KCSourceLink partners that assist with business connections to facilitate startup development.
The Whiteboard 2 Boardroom program provides a number of services to the regional entrepreneurial community. Key components include:
- Technology commercialization education programs
- Mentorship for student entrepreneurial programs
- Central catalogue of university technologies for licensing
- Database of experts for technology evaluation
- Relationships with CEO candidates ready to run new companies
- Matching technologies to entrepreneurs and firms
- Aiding in licensing university technologies to companies
- Fostering networks for regional trade
- Promoting collaboration for development projects
- Partners include business development organizations for entrepreneurs
- Identifying start-up capital
Please contact us if you are looking for an innovation to license or want to form a new company based on an innovation.