Take some time out of your summer break and learn something new with University of Missouri’s Life Sciences Quest program! Life Sciences Quest is a free summer academy for students interested in agriculture and how it impacts our daily lives.
- July 9-13, 2023
- Program lasts one week on the University of Missouri campus
- For high-ability students graduating high school in 2024, 2025 or 2026
- Must be residents of Missouri
How much does participation cost?
The Life Sciences Quest program is free to all selected students, thanks to funding from the Missouri Department of Agriculture.
How do I apply?
- Apply online
- Due by Monday, April 3
You will need to upload a resume and answer these two essay questions (limit of 500 words maximum each).
- Why do you want to participate in the Life Sciences Quest and how does it relate to your professional and/or personal interests?
- How does agriculture impact our daily lives?
We expect to make our selections by early May.
- Hands-on experiences in biochemistry labs, nutrition labs and research farms
- Tours of various science and research industries
- Discussions of ethical issues in agriculture
- Education about human, animal and plant genetics
- Opportunities to hear from scientists, researchers and professionals working in scientific fields
What is included in the program?
Life Sciences Quest will provide housing, food, transportation (during the program to tours) and University Student Health Services.
Contact Alex Muñoz, director of student recruitment, firstname.lastname@example.org